Olive Garden Chicken Caprese
Submitted by: lucaswilliamsgrandma | Source: Food.com
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
|8-10||Plum Tomatoes, roma (2 pounds|
|30||Medium Fresh Basil Leaves|
|2 tsp||Black Pepper|
|6||Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or 6 Chicken Breast Fillets|
|4 Tbsp||Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided|
|½ cup||White Wine|
|3 Tbsp||Garlic, minced, divided garlic, heavy cream|
|1½ cups||Heavy Cream|
|3½ tsp||Italian Seasoning, divided|
|1 cup||Parmesan Cheese, grated|
|1 Tbsp||Salt, divided|
|1 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|2 cups||Mozzarella Cheese, shredded|
|1½ cups||Flour, plus|
|1 Tbsp||Flour, divided|
|1 lb||Dry Capellini, angel hair|
Tomatoes and Basil Preparation:
1. Core and cut Roma (plum) tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chef's Note: To preserve juices and seeds, use a paring knife to remove just the top of the core on each tomato.
2. Cut basil leaves into 1-inch pieces (no stems).
3. Combine Roma tomatoes, basil, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1-1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning and 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
4. Cover, set aside and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat a large, non-stick skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Combine 1½ cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, black pepper and 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning in a shallow dish.
4. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
5. Place chicken in skillet and saute for about two minutes on each side, or until just golden brown. If skillet is not large enough, saute the chicken in batches.
6. When finished, transfer chicken to a large baking dish and place in oven to cook for approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Drain and set aside until needed.
1. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and saute for approximately 1 minute. Do not brown.
3. Slowly add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
4. Add white wine and bring to a boil. Boil for approximately 1 minute.
5. Remove marinated tomato and basil mixture from refrigerator. Drain tomatoes and basil from liquid and set aside until needed. Add 1/2 cup of the marinade liquid and saute for approximately 1 minute.
6. Add heavy cream. Lower heat and bring to a simmer.
7. Add grated Parmesan cheese.
Assembling Chicken caprese:
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Remove chicken from baking dish and set aside until needed.
3. Transfer pasta to baking dish and partly coat with sauce.
4. Pour desired amount of the remaining sauce on pasta and evenly distribute tomatoes and basil over pasta.
5. Place chicken on top of pasta.
6. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over chicken.
7. Place baking dish under broiler for approximately 2-3 minutes or until mozzarella cheese has melted.