Copycat Chipotle Mexican Grill Barbacoa Beef
- Servings: 24
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hrs 20 min
|⅓ cup||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|3 Tbsp||Fresh Lime Juice|
|3||Canned Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce|
|2||Large Garlic Cloves, or 4 small cloves|
|1½ tsp||Ground Black Pepper|
|½ tsp||Ground Cloves|
|¾ cup||Chicken Broth|
|5 lbs||Beef Chuck Roast|
|2 Tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
1. Combine the vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt, cloves and chicken broth in a blender. Blend at the highest speed until mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Cut the roast up into smaller pieces, removing excess fat. In a large skillet, heat the 2 tbsp oil and brown meat on all sides.
3. Place the meat in a 4 quart crockpot and pour the sauce over the meat. Add the bay leaves.
4. Cook for 6 hours, or until the meat is easily pulled apart.
5. Remove and toss the bay leaves. Using two forks, shred the meat on a cutting board and return the shredded meat to the sauce. It's ready to serve.
To make the Chipotle barbacoa burrito, serve with warmed flour tortillas, pico de gallo, cilantro-lime rice, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and ranch beans. Garnish with sour cream, if desired. This is a large recipe; I usually freeze half of it to enjoy later.